The EuroTech Universities Alliance Brussels Office is currently looking for a:
The ideal candidate is an experienced communications specialist with the ability to handle a number of diverse projects and tasks dealing with EuroTech Universities Alliance online and offline communications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the development and implementation of internal and external communications of the EuroTech Universities Alliance Brussels Office.
- Revising communication strategy for the Alliance Brussels Office, taking into consideration needs and requirements of the member Universities.
- Developing and coordinating publications (print, online) and other materials (visuals, infographics, slides, etc.).
- Developing and managing content across all digital channels: website, social media, mass mailing systems.
- Align Brussels Office communication with the member universities communication effort.
- Lead the Communication Working Group, which includes communication experts from the member universities.
- Supporting Liaison Officers in reinforcing collaboration between the member universities in relation to projects, Focus Areas, workshops and other activities.
- Coordinating conferences and other events, including preparation and organisation of High-Level Events, liaison with the member Universities and speakers, promotion of the event and event reporting.
- Staying current with design trends, tools, materials and practices.
- Coordinating public appearances for organizational leaders.
- Ensuring day-to-day management of Alliance Website, Social Media Activities, Media Relations and Contact Management System.
- Evaluating communication campaigns.
- Writing press releases and editing position papers.
- Native or close to native level of English, written and spoken with a good working knowledge of French; Any other language will be an advantage.
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Communications, Public Relations).
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years work experience in Communications, Press Relations.
- Excellent command of MS Office, including PowerPoint, as well as WordPress and e-mail marketing systems; Command of Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
- Strong graphic design, art/illustration, and visual storytelling background with a creative aesthetic.
- Knowledge of the EU, Education and Research and Innovation agenda and stakeholders.
- Digital native: experience in using mass mailing systems and social media channels.
- Experience managing high-profile events.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills and results oriented.
- Strong affinity for science, tech and political communications.
What we offer
- Enjoyable working environment in a diverse and dynamic multinational team;
- Full-time contract under Belgium law and an attractive salary/ benefits package in line with experience and skills.
- Possibility for professional development and training
Read the vacancy note for more information and apply by 23rd January 2020 to Tatiana Panteli, Head of Brussels Office.