The EuroTech Universities Alliance is recruiting a new Head for its Brussels Office.
The Brussels Office is a service entity to the EuroTech partner universities and facilitates collaboration between them across the value chain of research, education, innovation entrepreneurship and public sector consultancy. It collaborates pro-actively with a broad range of both, internal and external stakeholders to stimulate collaboration and raise awareness of funding and policy opportunities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Contributing to the positioning and visibility of the Alliance in an EU context;
- Nurturing close links to EU stakeholders and staying abreast of EU intelligence;
- Coordinating the Brussels-based secretariat to support the Alliance’s collaboration;
- Conceptualising and implementing high level meetings, events and roundtables;
- Coordinating joint position papers and other tools to promote the views and position of EuroTech;
- Managing the EuroTech Universities Alliance’s AISBL, including budget and finances and legal compliance;
- Preparing and implementing the Brussels Office Roadmap of activities;
- Managing staff and team building.
The work will be undertaken in close collaboration with the Alliance partners. The Brussels Head of Office reports and is accountable to the EuroTech Governing board.
The desired candidate should have:
- Significant work experience in EU affairs and an existing network of relevant contacts in Brussels;
- Knowledge of EU policy and funding programmes for research, innovation and education;
- Experience with the inner workings and boundary conditions of universities;
- Ability to motivate and facilitate the work of the liaison officers of the partner universities;
- Ability to lead and navigate across complex international membership organisation that spans across several countries;
- Excellent spoken and written English; a knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an asset.
The candidate should also have:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- An ability to work independently and in a team;
- A diplomatic and solution-oriented approach.
What the job offers:
- working for the strongest alliance of technical universities in Europe, which has set new standards in academic cooperation across the continent;
- an opportunity to strategically influence EU research networks that facilitates research to the benefit of the public;
- a competitive salary package, including a range of benefits.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to send their application including a CV and a cover letter to Gabriela Dimitrova, Senior Adviser at email@example.com and Sergey Golyshin, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 07th June 2019. Please note that only relevant applications will be considered. Download the full vacancy note here.
All applications will be handled by EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists.