Modernization. Excellence. Societal Impact.
The EuroTech Universities High Level Event 2018 will take place on 6 November at the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European Union.
Save the date & register for our interactive showcase of state-of-the-art technologies and high-level panel debate on the challenges faced by the “university of the future”.
Moderated by SEAN KLEIN, former BBC Bureau Chief for Europe
- JEAN-ERIC PAQUET, Director-General for Research & Innovation, European Commission
- WOLFGANG A. HERRMANN, President of Technical University of Munich, as Founding President of the Alliance
- JAN MENGELERS, current President of the EuroTech Universities Alliance and President of Eindhoven University of Technology
- President of Ecole Polytechnique, as new-coming President to the Alliance (tbc)
- KATRIN BEYER, Chair of Open Science Committee and Associate Professor of Earthquake Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- JES BROENG, Serial high-tech entrepreneur and Professor of Photonics, Technical University of Denmark
- SAMI HADDADIN, Director of Munich School of Robotics & Machine Intelligence, Technical University of Munich, Member of the Commission’s High-Level Group on Artificial Intelligence
- SONIA HEEMSTRA, Director of Centre for Wireless Technology Eindhoven and Professor of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology
To address their changing role in society, universities need to embrace initiatives in support of Open Science, interdisciplinarity, innovative education, entrepreneurship, as well as collaboration with industry.
As part of the Alliance’s joint mission to address major societal challenges by connecting innovation ecosystems across borders, the EuroTech Universities are at the forefront of promoting modernization, excellence and societal impact.
With Horizon Europe and the Modernization of European Higher Education high on the agenda, the event will stimulate a high-level debate on the opportunities and challenges the “university of the future” is facing – and what this means for future EU policies and programmes.
Follow the event on Twitter: #EuroTechModel.