- How can Europe win the global battle for top talent?
- Are universities ready for the future?
- Open Innovation 2.0: is it possible to bridge the gap between science and the outside world?
- Do innovation eco-systems really exist in Europe? Why do they matter?
The High Level Event organised by the EuroTech Universities Alliance will foster discussion around those fundamental questions and debate on how Europe can best exploit the full potential of science and technology.
20 September 2017, 18.00 to 20.00
The event will be followed by networking reception
The Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European UnionRue Wiertz 77, B-1000 Brussels
To retain global competitiveness built on breakthrough innovations, Europe needs to capitalize on its excellent record in science and technology. HORIZON 2020’s approach to address research and innovation under one programme was a step in the right direction. The 9th Framework Programme for Research and Innovation should go even further, in order to achieve more impact in terms of high-growth industries or radically new approaches for tackling societal challenges.
This High Level Event will showcase the EuroTech Universities’ high-growth startups and disruptive technologies developed in their labs. Drawing upon these specific examples, the panel will discuss challenges and future directions on how to ensure that excellent research leads to excellent innovation.
The event will consist of:
- An interactive showcase of state-of-the art technologies with high innovation potential
- A panel debate with high level experts, each bringing a different perspective to the discussion
- ROBERT-JAN SMITS, Director-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- ANDERS BJARKLEV, President, Technical University of Denmark
- JAN MENGELERS, President of the EuroTech Universities Alliance and President of Eindhoven University of Technology
- DANIEL CREMERS, Professor of Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition and ERC Grantee, Technical University of Munich
- ANASTASIA AILAMAKI, Professor of Computer Sciences and ERC Grantee, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
- OLINE VINTER OLESEN, Senior Researcher, Technical University of Denmark and CTO TracInnovations
- MAARTEN STEINBUCH, Professor of Control Systems Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology
The discussion will be moderated by JACKI DAVIS, Managing Director at Meade Davis Communications.
Join the discussion on Twitter #excellentRI