In 2021, the Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) of TUM, in collaboration with Messe München and automatica launched a new high-tech platform called munich_i, an event bringing together the world’s leading personalities from AI and robotics. In the run-up to this year’s event, Robothon®, an international competition to develop skills in robot manipulations, will gather again up to 20 competing teams.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2022.
- Robothon® will be held digitally from 29 April to 1 June 2022
- The Award Ceremony will take place on-site on 21 June 2022 during automatica at the Messe München
How it works
- Robothon® will focus on single-arm robot manipulation
- The Grand Challenge 2022: disassembly and sorting of e-waste
- The competition is free of charge
- Up to 20 selected teams can participate (2-4 members)
- All roboticists (academic and young professionals) are encouraged to apply
- Teams will need to provide their own robot to complete the challenge remotely
- Each team will receive an internet connected competition task board by mail
- The processing period of 1 month starts from receipt of the competition scorecard
- Team performances will be evaluated by the Grand Challenge Jury
- Prize money awaits the finalists
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2022
Date and time: 29 April to 1 June 2022
Registration: Is required via this form
All interested roboticists over 18 are encouraged to apply.
For further information, please visit the event website: https://robothon-grand-challenge.com/