Materials are key enablers for shaping the world we want to live in. They can significantly contribute to improving people’s well-being, fighting climate change and increasing industrial competitiveness. Get a glimpse of the fascinating research and innovation done in Europe!
The European Innovation Council and the EuroTech Universities Alliance are teaming up to highlight the importance of innovative advanced materials. By means of a selection of compelling demonstrators and informative posters and videos covering various high-tech fields, we showcase the outcomes of research and innovation done in Europe in a visual and tangible way.
The exhibition is on display from 26 to 30 June 2023 in the European Commission’s Covent Garden Building, Place Charles Rogier 16, 1000 Brussels.
On Monday, 26 June 2023, we are officially opening the exhibition. Programme:
12:00 Keynote speeches by
- Peter Dröll, Director for Prosperity, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
- Jean-David Malo, Director of the Executive Agency for EIC and SMEs, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
- Lin-Lin Chen, EuroTech Governing Board Member, Dean of Industrial Design Department, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Fabrice Stassin, Member of the EMIRI Steering Committee, Director Government Affairs Electromobility Projects at Umicore
- Francesco Matteucci & Carina Faber, Programme Managers at European Innovation Council
12:50 Live demonstration “Fabricating lenses using only liquids – from eyeglasses to space telescopes”
Omer Luria, Research Engineer at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
13:30 Guided visit of the exhibition (Atrium)
The first part of the event was livestreamed.
To find out more about the demonstrators and the exhibition in general and to view some photos of the opening event, follow the link below.