23 August 2022 | Join our team in Brussels and represent two of the most excellent universities of science and technology in the European capital! Both Eindhoven University of Technology and EPFL maintain close links with industry, government and knowledge institutes and the general public in societally relevant areas such as AI, healthcare, mobility and energy with the aim of having a real impact on society.
Typical responsibilities of the Liaison Officer include:
- Leading on the development of activities within specific topics (= Focus Areas) under TU/e & EPFL leadership/co-leadership (currently AI & Health) by providing early intelligence on EU and international developments, delivering collaborative workshops, webinars, round tables and mapping exercises.
- Actively engaging in the development of all the Focus Areas of the Alliance in cooperation with the other Liaison Officers by building and maintaining communities of academics, innovation staff and education experts within the Alliance.
- Providing funding (EU & international) and policy intelligence to the key stakeholders in the Alliance.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in TU/e & EPFL, including management, scientists and administrative staff to understand the stakeholders’ priorities and translate them into concrete actions.
- Actively contributing to the development and implementation of the annual roadmap of the Brussels Office.
- Contributing to planning and execution of EuroTech-wide events and meetings.
- Advising the researchers, innovation and education experts within the Alliance on the development of major strategic funding proposals.
- Preparing or contributing to reports, updates, newsletters, and other documents for the stakeholders of the Alliance.
The successful candidate will be employed by EuroTech Universities Alliance (AISBL) on a 2-year basis initially with an opportunity for an extension, at 80% FTE. In practical terms he/she will undertake tasks set by TU/e & EPFL in relation to their key priorities and to EuroTech as a whole.